Istituto Dermopatico dell'immacolata, Rome
ESMO Designated Centre of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care
|Contact person||Dr. Christiana Di Rocco|
Divisione di Oncologia e Oncologia dermatologica
Via Monti di Creta 104
|Contact||Tel: +39.06.6646 3380 / 81 - zdirocco(at)yahoo(dot)com|
|Web||Istituto Dermopatico dell'immacolata|
The Oncology Department of Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata-IRCCS (I.D.I.) aims at ‘a total care approach to patients’, by guaranteeing cancer treatment, the management of treatment side-effects, the management of pain control and the management of terminal cancer patients. Our facilities and staff members assure continuity of care, even in those patients who no longer benefit from conventional therapies but who can certainly be availed by specific programmes of palliative and supportive care.
The professional staff of the Oncology Department at IDI is comprised of:
- Medical oncology doctors: trained in overall cancer patient care and in clinical and laboratory cancer research
- Medical oncology residents: training in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer as well as in the conduct of clinical and laboratory investigation and in palliative and supportive care
- Dermatologists: trained in the diagnosis and treatment of common and rare skin diseases as well as skin cancer
- Psychologists: trained in dealing and working with cancer patients and their families to improve the patient's mental health, psychological well-being and productivity. Individual, group or family therapy can be scheduled
- Qualified nurses: trained in chemotherapy preparation and administration and in cancer patient care (relieving symptoms related to cancer and cancer treatment).
The facilities at I.D.I. are designed to deliver the diagnostic, treatment, psychological and supportive care services required by our all our patients, even terminal cancer patients, either on an inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on patient's clinical situation and his/her will.