Pre-IMPAKT 2017 Training Course
We are pleased to announce a training course designed for early to mid-career oncologists and research scientists on Wednesday 3 and Thursday 4 May 2017
Designed by Drs. Christine Desmedt, Fabrice André, Peter Schmid and Bruno Sinn, the course is dedicated to young, early-career oncologists, pathologists and basic science PhD students, providing them with an understanding of key topics of translational research that are relevant to patient care in breast cancer.
Training course learning objectives
- To understand the importance of translational research and how its integration can advance solving current clinical problems for breast cancer patients
- To understand essentials in breast cancer biology and immunology
- To understand importance of molecular targets in breast cancer and basic concepts in drug targeting, including basics in statistics and clinical trial design
- To understand the rapidly evolved research areas on new techniques and technologies and their relevance for research and treatment of breast cancer
- To understand from different perspectives the concept of translations of research findings from the biomarker to the clinic
The course will be restricted to 100 participants selected by the IMPAKT 2017 Scientific Committee on the basis of applications submitted.
How to apply
In addition to the application form the following documents should be sent to the IMPAKT Conference Secretariat by 15 February 2017 :
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
ESMO-MORA: The training course programme will be submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. Learn more about ESMO-MORA recertification.
CME: The programme will also be submitted for accreditation to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found online here.
The conference webcasts will include all the session of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available here and on OncologyPRO for ESMO members.
- Provide an overview of basic immunology in breast cancer
- Discuss molecular characterisation of endocrine dependent breast cancer and implications for clinical practice
- Provide information on discoveries that already have or will have impact on oestrogen receptor positive breast cancer research and treatment
- Discuss innovations in clinical trial design relevant for breast cancer treatment
- Elaborate on new techniques and analysis of breast tumours relevant for clinical care
Benefits in attending
- Receive a high-level scientific overview of ongoing translational research in the field of breast cancer and exchange opinions with breast cancer researchers, scientists and clinicians
- Get perspective from top experts about advances on a molecular level exploited for clinical purposes
- Stay up to date with scientific progress in breast cancer research as the therapeutic road from the laboratory to the clinic shortens
- Focus on premier data and technologies that sharpen the knife of molecular dissection and define the cellular structures that determine responsiveness to novel therapies
- Present your research data to a high-profile audience of international experts, where the focus is on hot topics in breast cancer research that are of interest to multiple disciplines
- Network with specialists from all breast cancer research related disciplines