Medical Oncologist, CHU Liege
Publication date: 28 November 2016
- qualified medical oncologist, recognition by the Belgian health care authorities before starting the job
- available to start OCT1, 2017 at the latest
- driver license
Position summary: fixed term 2 years but possibility to become a permanent staff member
The successful applicant will be an outstanding clinician, providing high quality mostly outpatient clinical services. The successful applicant will have a sub-speciality interest area, which will be supported through an active research and clinical trials unit. The applicant will play an active role in education, training and professional development for junior medical staff and medical students.
CHU Liege will open in 2018 an integrated cancer centre. Currently 9 full-time senior medical oncologists and 5 oncologists in training are working in the medical oncology department. Our clinical research unit employs 8 data managers/research nurses. Close collaboration exists with the GIGA-Cancer translational and fundamental cancer research centre located directly in face of the CHU Sart Tilman University Hospital. A phase 1 unit is also available in the hospital.
- Well-developed clinical skills in the assessment and management of oncology patients
- A commitment to provide high quality clinical care
- An ability to work and make clinical decisions independently
- An ability to supervise the activities of more junior medical staff
- An ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- A commitment to quality assurance activities
- Fluent in French or fluent in English and willing to rapidly learn French
CHU Sart Tilman, Domaine Universitaire du Sart Tilman, B35
How to apply
For further information contact Guy Jerusalem, MD, PhD, Head of Medical Oncology ( email@example.com)
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31 January 2017
It is the Advertisers' responsibility to ensure that any material submitted for inclusion on this section of the ESMO website complies with all relevant laws and regulations (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
Individuals applying for the position above should make direct contact with the institution making the offer and are responsible to verify the validity of the offer. The European Society for Medical Oncology will not accept responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in any job advertising materials on this section of the website.
Submissions from individuals seeking jobs/positions will not be accepted.
Job openings at the European Society for Medical Oncology’s headquarters are not posted on this website. For enquiries about opportunities at ESMO or to spontaneously submit your CV, you may contact the ESMO Head Office.